• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

In Line Reactor - Aquamas

Superman

I noticed that our JamesC bought an in line diffuser from Aquamas when I was searching the forum..

http://www.fishforums.net/content/Plant ... -Reactors/

Looks like something I'm interested in getting, but couldn't find them on ebay, however, their product is at
http://www.aquamas.de/products/Reaktore ... Liter.html

My external filter says that it has tubing of 16/22mm and it seem that the reactor fits that size?

Is this still the mutts nutts of in line reactors? Doesn't seem bad for about £65.

I would assume that the water flow goes from top to bottom when the co2 is injected at the bottom so that the bubbles rise up against the flow?

Hi Clark,

i've ordered one of these from Aquamas, with the bypass, but jut waiting for it too arrive.

I emailed them once i had set up an account, and then payed by payapl.

I just wish it would hurry up and get here though, been 2 weeks now. :mad:

TDI-line said:
Hi Clark,

i've ordered one of these from Aquamas, with the bypass, but jut waiting for it too arrive.

Oh right, when James ordered back in the day when they were on ebay, it came rather quick. Have you spoken to them?

Superman said:
TDI-line said:
Hi Clark,

Oh right, when James ordered back in the day when they were on ebay, it came rather quick. Have you spoken to them?

Still waiting for a reply. Grr. :twisted:

What about this Aqua Medic 1000?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AQUA-MEDIC-CO2-RE ... otohosting

Would of thought that as the in and out lines aren't at right angles there might not be as much flow loss? I understand that the water going through the balls in the reactor mean that there'll be loss of flow but maybe not as much?

TDI-line said:
Superman said:
TDI-line said:
Hi Clark,

Still waiting for a reply. Grr. :twisted:

Just got a reply..

Hello,

I'm sorry, because it lasts so for a long time. The reactors are again
available on Tuesday. We did not have sufficient in stock, and the
supplier made holidays.

best regards

Frank Masurek

Well, hopefully i will have it soon.

Superman said:
What about this Aqua Medic 1000?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AQUA-MEDIC-CO2-RE ... otohosting

Would of thought that as the in and out lines aren't at right angles there might not be as much flow loss? I understand that the water going through the balls in the reactor mean that there'll be loss of flow but maybe not as much?

I looked at his one, but dismissed it because of the pipe sizing. :rolleyes:

Ok, Aquamas CO2 reactor arrived today.

Was very impressed with the packaging and the whole reactor is off excellent construction with 16/22 mm tails.

Pics will follow. :D

You fit it to the outflow. The water goes in the top, and out the bottom. The CO2 is injected at the bottom, against the flow of water.

Mine has been fitted to the outlet of an Eheim 2213, with a gas bubble building up over the period of injection. I will soon be fitting it to the outlet of a Tetratec EX1200. Hopefully the extra flow will prevent the gas build up.

Dave.

Dave Spencer said:
You fit it to the outflow. The water goes in the top, and out the bottom. The CO2 is injected at the bottom, against the flow of water.

Mine has been fitted to the outlet of an Eheim 2213, with a gas bubble building up over the period of injection. I will soon be fitting it to the outlet of a Tetratec EX1200. Hopefully the extra flow will prevent the gas build up.

Dave.
Really? I thought these reactors weren't gravity ones, so water and co2 go in at the base, travel through the reaction chamber and out the top together...

:?

Yes water in at the top on this reactor . If you look at the picture in the link at the beggining of the thread the top hose connector is labelled einlauf translated this reads inlet and connected to the outlet of the filter.
Otherwise the netting in the reactor gets clogged with all the debris that should go in the filter.

Sorry to say Dave but even with a EX1200 you get gas build up, i have been struggling to push towards the yellow with mine. I have had to knock back the amount injected as increasing had no eefect but to increase the gas build up, it sounded like a waterfall at times. Ended up adding a second line and diffuser to get co2 levels were i want.

My reactor is straight behind the filter.

I've been watching the reactor over a few days and have come to some conclusions about it.

The bubbles rise up from the input at the bottom and rise up against the flow as they're rather large. Some get stuck in the wool like things that is in the reactor.

However, some rise straight up to the top of the reactor but after a while, these get small enough to be then pushed back into the reactor and get stuck in the wool again/for the first time.

I was worried that when I upped the CO2 rate that there'd just be a massive bubble of CO2 at the top of the reactor - which is still could be the case as I can't see into the actual top. But now, I'm rather confident that if I were to increase the CO2 the bubbles would be diffused very well.

I have no bubbles coming through into the aquarium, which must be a good thing.

Back