• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Increasing Specificity of the API tests

Using a pixel editor you can see that the 0.5ppm colour swatch has more of the same colour as the sample.

:)

I came to pretty much the same conclusion I did a 16x16( LOL) gaussian blur on the swatches using gimp and was more in the zipcode of .5 than .25 doing droppers on the 3D color map but didnt think to threshold on the green, back to the books! :bookworm:

coming soon with all api test kits starting at $450k

11120_2009_9463_Fig1_HTML.png

Hi @DaveWatkin

You can see from the pictures below how the JBL test kits are used:

I like this comparator system. The only exception to the colour comparator (that I know of) in the JBL range is the potassium (K) test kit, which is based on turbidity (cloudiness) but this, again, is done by viewing the tube from above. I can't be certain but my guess is that JBL test kits are very probably manufactured by Macherey-Nagel.

JPC
The JBL tests are certainly amongst the better ones. Viewing from above as well as using a test tube of tank water to take into account the colour of that.

well I tested 8 drops of magic in 2.5ml (instead of 5ml) and the color went the other way than what I expected. looks more like .025 than 1 now.

I'm clownshoes at this stuff.

maybe I should stick to the league I can hit the speed of the pitch and get some danios with plastic plants. 😂

Back