• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Info on species on UK sea plants needed

Mat White

Seedling
hello, where can i get information on the plant species growing in the english channel please?

I have been doing a lot of diving and would like to know more.

I keep seeing 2m long brown fingers sometimes with pom poms... any ideas?

thanks

Hi Mat. Welcome to Ukaps!

I'm not sure you're asking in the right place for this. Firstly, the Technical/Help forum is for technical queries and problems concerning the website. Secondly, Ukaps is about planted aquariums and aquascaping. I know it's called the UK Aquatic Plant Society but its not really about aquatic plants of the UK, except where they can be used in aquariums. So I'm afraid you may find limited knowledge here on wild sea flora. That's not to say that no-one can answer your question but it's a little off topic.

My only guess would be kelp I cant think of anything else that sounds similar but without pictures it really is just a guess by no means am I knowledgeable about these things

Mark

Hi all,
Try "Marlin" <MarLIN - The Marine Life Information Network>. Ascophyllum nodosum would be my guess.
o_ascnod2.jpg

<MarLIN - The Marine Life Information Network>

cheers Darrel

Back