• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Initial values PO4/NO3/Fe start up using EI-method?

mede

Hi everyone!

I've setup my scape last weekend and planted it with the plants from my previous tank (submerse), mainly HC, Staurogyne sp., Limnophilia and some mosses.

I'm using the EI-method for fertilization and I was wondering if the best way is to just start with day one of adding fertilizers (which I'm doing now), or that it would be better to have initial values for PO4/NO3/Fe?

I've "injected" my new tank with a few liters of my previous tank that was running fine (also used EI-method in this tank).

Until now I didn't measure the current values of my water.... Any advise?

Hello,
You're advised to continue the practice of not measuring any values. There is no reason whatsoever to do anything other than to dose the recommended values from day one.

Cheers,

Thanks ceg4048! I was a little "worried" about my plants getting hungry the first days, because all values will be near to 0 when you start to fill your tank with mainly fresh/new water?

Not having any problems until now, plant are growing well so I will continue this way.... I'll start posting the photos of my tank soon....

Back