• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Inlet and Ouflow for Roma 200

jimi

Hi all,

I changed the pipes on my fluval external filter from those ribbed things to some 16/22 PVC tubing from eBay. However, I am now having an issue where the pipe is so thick that it doesn't bend over the tank easily, it wont fit in the brackets fluval provide with hat ribbed pipe either.

So at the moment the outflow is sitting quite deep so that the pipe doesn't bend and kink and the intake is pretty much in the middle as the pipes need to be angled up and over at 45 degrees so they don't kink.

Can anyone point me in the direction of some decent intake/outflow pipes which will fit over the edges of the Roma 200 so that the PVC pipe doesn't have to go over the top? I would like Lily Pipes but I cant find any that will go over the thickness of the 200's plastic rim.

Thanks muchly
James

Has no one swapped out the ribbed piping from a fluval before who owns a Roma 200?

Same problem for me with the same tank.I ended up using the eheim installation sets 1 and 2

Same problem for me with the same tank.I ended up using the eheim installation sets 1 and 2

Looks like thats the one I will be getting then!

Although I did actually think about the notches at the back of the tank, would lily pipes not fit over them?

Saying that though I have just seen that this fits over "50mm wide tanks edges."

Which means that the 6cm lily pipes will fit if you say you have used the Eheim Installation set right?

Nevermind, I must have been seeing things. Biggest I can find is with a 4cm gap.

Back