• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Inline Diffuser on its side

Jonatk

I am currently running a CO2 Art inline diffuser on its side with the airline inlet facing up, mounted above the tank, as its the only place I could put it. Its working fine, however, after the solenoid switches off the water slowly back syphons and fills the tube.
I may be answering my own question but would placing a check valve very close to the diffuser stop this happening and if so would i have to start the soleniod going a little earlier so that the pressure can build up and clear the check valve.
Or does somewone have a better idea. There is no other place to put the diffuser though.

Thanks
Jon

Hi Jon,
There should always be a check valve before an inline diffuser otherwise the water can get back to the solenoid valve, some folk even fit two for a fail safe. The diffuser filling up with water is normal and isn't an issue, some make a small popping sound when they clear the water. Some makes of diffuser also use this water coming back to fill a bubble counter in the diffuser its self, so every night it fills it back up again.

Ok.
I think I was thinking that once the water got to the check valve, the check valve was then written off and I would need a new one.
Thanks.

I have a check valve before the inline diffuser and I've never seen water getting to it. I think because the airline is full of CO2 and it retains some pressure.

Back