• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Inline dosing ?

winzdk

I'm using an autodoser with a outlet tube going to the middle of the tank surface. I'm not sure how effective this is being distributed in the watercolumn, but perhaps it would be better if it enters via the spraybar (full tank length).
Tank: 360L/95G (100cm long)
Filter: Eheim 2080
Co2 reactor: Sera Flore 1000

Would it be possible to inject the co2 in the reactor in the same tube as the co2 via a splitter if so, how excactly?
Or pehapaps with another method?

Thanks a lot.

(I hope this is the right sub for this question)

Would it be possible to inject the co2 in the reactor in the same tube as the co2 via a splitter if so, how excactly?
This would be no good, as the pressure from the water in the reactor would back feed along the dosing tubes and fill & overflow your fertiliser tanks. People have tried this, putting in one way valves, but found the valves slowly leak water slowly filling up the fertiliser tank. Also suffered bigger flooding when the ferts crystalised in the valve meaning even more water got past.

Leave as is, nothing wrong with dosing where you are. If you have sufficient flow rate for CO2 distribution. this will disperse the ferts completely round the tank in no time at all.

This would be no good, as the pressure from the water in the reactor would back feed along the dosing tubes and fill & overflow your fertiliser tanks. People have tried this, putting in one way valves, but found the valves slowly leak water slowly filling up the fertiliser tank. Also suffered bigger flooding when the ferts crystalised in the valve meaning even more water got past.

Leave as is, nothing wrong with dosing where you are. If you have sufficient flow rate for CO2 distribution. this will disperse the ferts completely round the tank in no time at all.

Thank you for your answer.

Back