Inline Equipment

james3200

Anyone know of something i could add inline on my filter setup where i could add say for example some purigen, carbon or whatevber needed? This would be ideal for me as getting out my eheim 2260 is a big job..

Thanks,
James

Themuleous

Interesting Idea. Don't know of anything specially, but I'm sure you could easily make something, with some piping and connectors and silicone sealant. If you used some in-line taps like the eheim ones, you could isolate it for easy removal as well.

Sam

james3200

Good idea, I have seen a few DIY projects online of co2 reactors, something on those lines would do the job i recon..? But if i could like you say use some quick disconnects, which i already have, and stuff a section of the return pipe with some purigen for eg that would be easy + you would see the state of the purigen if i used some clear hose.. I may give that a go and see what the flow rate is like..

Themuleous

Yeh good idea. What you could do is as you say just fill a section of the actual filter tubing with the stuff plug each end with filter wool to hold it in place. That would save having to built a container to put inline. If you used clear tubing rather than the green stuff and also perhaps find a way to use 16mm or 25mm tubing to increase capacity? That might make things tricky though if thats not the size the filter used.

Sam

james3200

Or... I could just get an internal that i have spare and stuff it with purigen, its only a temporary soloution for the first few months while the tank matures.. less risky too IMO

James