• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Inline Equipment

james3200

Anyone know of something i could add inline on my filter setup where i could add say for example some purigen, carbon or whatevber needed? This would be ideal for me as getting out my eheim 2260 is a big job..

Thanks,
James

Good idea, I have seen a few DIY projects online of co2 reactors, something on those lines would do the job i recon..? But if i could like you say use some quick disconnects, which i already have, and stuff a section of the return pipe with some purigen for eg that would be easy + you would see the state of the purigen if i used some clear hose.. I may give that a go and see what the flow rate is like..

Yeh good idea. What you could do is as you say just fill a section of the actual filter tubing with the stuff plug each end with filter wool to hold it in place. That would save having to built a container to put inline. If you used clear tubing rather than the green stuff and also perhaps find a way to use 16mm or 25mm tubing to increase capacity? That might make things tricky though if thats not the size the filter used.

Sam

Or... I could just get an internal that i have spare and stuff it with purigen, its only a temporary soloution for the first few months while the tank matures.. less risky too IMO

James

Back