• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Inline reactor with inline pump

PedroB

Good afternoon all,

I'm currently considering what is the best option in terms of CO2 diffusion.

I have played with inline atomizers, inline reactors and regular atomizers.

I am currently divided between just having an in-tank atomizer close to the filter intake or an inline reactor.

I prefer the fact that an inline reactor shows no bubbles and saves me some CO2 by having a better dissolution rate, but I'm not quite keen on the drop in flow.

Has anyone used an inline pump in the same circuit as the filter? Would this be reasonable or just a waste?

Hi, I haven't tried it because I can't see it being very useful.
Placing t
he pump between the filter and reactor wouldn't give any increased boost.
The back pressure from the reactor will affect the pump just like it does the filter.
I use an inline (CO2Art or Qanvee) atomiser with a pump as a separate circuit with a second spraybar below the filter system.
The newer inline versions give much reduced visible bubbles.
Just my opinion, someone else might disagree ☺
Cheers
John

Hi, I haven't tried it because I can't see it being very useful.
Placing t
he pump between the filter and reactor wouldn't give any increased boost.
The back pressure from the reactor will affect the pump just like it does the filter.
I use an inline (CO2Art or Qanvee) atomiser with a pump as a separate circuit with a second spraybar below the filter system.
The newer inline versions give much reduced visible bubbles.
Just my opinion, someone else might disagree ☺
Cheers
John

Thank you, that was my thinking as well.
I wish I could visualize the CO2 distribution with a reactor and with an atomizer, I believe the reactor gives a better mix, but can't be sure.

I've gone back to the reactor with the reduced flow, I'll try it for a month or so and then test the new in-line atomiser.

Back