Inspiration and improvement suggestions

Discussion in 'Aquascaping' started by Basviola, 13 Oct 2019 at 12:49 AM.

1. Basviola

Basviola Newly Registered

After starting out with a 60 liter tank, I changed to this bigger tank.
    It has change quite a bit, but finally I begin to feel that I am on the track of something that could get really good.
    After I have some spots now where I can ad plants, and I will be really happy if you would take the time and give me suggestions, as I have learn a lot from feedback before. So critique, ideas, changes, or plant suggestions or swaps would be really appreciated.

This is my 128 liter tank.
    Running about a year.
    Substrate is, layers of peat, Rexolin APN (micro), red clay, capped with gravel.
    No CO2, but will be adding pressurised CO2 within a few month.
    Liquet carbon, (Happy Life) 4 ml pr day,
    Light: Odyssea vivagrow 60, and 1 very old T5 tube. Approx 9 hours pr day.

Plants: Hornwort, Rotala Indica, vallisneria, 2 or 3 kinds of Anubias, a little S repins, a little christmas mos, Cryptocoryne affinis and another crypt.
    akvarie.jpg

My own thoughts:
    • Make some white background with light at the bottom.
    • Grow the Hornwort (back LH corner) to a dense green with Rotala indica just in front of it. Or getting a green rotala instead of hornwort.
    • When I get CO2, plant a carpet of... hairgrass, MC and HC.
    • Plant a very read plant, just next to the "big" group of rotala indica behind Anubias. (like just under the red tailed Guppy male, close to filter).
    • I like the 3 caves, but the one to the left is just looking to unnatural, as I am trying to create an aquascape. So maybe cover it up with lava rock, or creating a mesh with moss on "hiding" it, or maybe just remove it completely.
    • Raise substrate lever in the back and trim plants to a V-shape
    • Lower substrate level in front.... keeps creeping down!
    • add new moss to the tree looking root! (it grows VERY slow)

I will be very happy for you to share your thoughts , and what ever suggestion.

(Sorry for the bad picture, it will clean up glass and take some better pictures soon)

Thanks

2. Basviola

Basviola Newly Registered

Of was also thinking of:

• planting Eleocharis montevidensis, just left to the HMF, as I think it could give perspective because it might look like the vallisneria at a long distance.