• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Have You Seen? Install Forum as an App! (except for iOS/Safari)

Screenshot_20201229-204232~2.png

I'm not getting the ' install app ' when you press the 3 bars ??
It's not on the forum itself, it's your web browser menu! check the screenshots I posted.

On my galaxy S8 there is no option to install app anywhere but I was able to add to home screen using chrome browser, just don't get pretty icon.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210328-225217_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210328-225217_Chrome.jpg
    363.5 KB · Views: 197
Averagewhitebloke pic shows the app as being down loaded from the forum ??
Surely if you use browser menu & add to home screen you won't get notifications ??

On my galaxy S8 there is no option to install app anywhere but I was able to add to home screen using chrome browser, just don't get pretty icon.
Remove and try again, maybe you tried it when there was an issue with the Style a while back!

I've made an app for now on iOS, easier than going to the browser every time. Shall we place bets on what will happen first? Me winning IAPLC or Apple supporting PWA push notifications.
Maybe you can post how you did that for others to benefit, I don't have an iOS device ;)
Good luck with IAPLC :)

Maybe you can post how you did that for others to benefit, I don't have an iOS device ;)
Good luck with IAPLC :)
Sure thing. For anyone on iOS this is what I did below (I'm on iOS 14 so I can't speak for older versions, although I'm pretty sure this feature has been around for years).

1. Tap the share button at the bottom of the page (on Safari)
2. Scroll down and click 'Add to home screen'
3. You should now have a UKAPS 'app' on your home screen which will take you to whichever page you were on when you set it up. I set it up so it takes me to main page.
2521EC39-E68C-492D-8B50-F6507E5ADCF3.jpeg ED886F93-ADFB-4F87-8BC1-5FAC1DC69DCA.jpeg 8572F8F5-6239-405F-B4CB-9270E57DB32E.jpeg

Last edited:
This has been possible for many year already. However this is just basically a shortcut and I don't think notifications work with this gimmickry.
Yeah not the same app experience as in Android

Back