• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Installing HMA/RO filters

We can decide on the next meet.
Not long to go :)

Either way its only £50-£60 to get set up. I already have a big container to hold the water lol.

Its nearly a year and I am ready to install a RO filter. Has anyone used this company before?

I am looking at this - http://www.osmotics.co.uk/3-stage-75-ga ... Path=46_80

But what is the difference between a 3 stage and a 4 stage? It will be used for keeping my discus tank.

Has anyone come across cheaper prices for 75g ro units?

I think 4 stage is using DI resin as last stage of filtration for final polish and to give you 0 TDS water. 3 Stage filter have usually TDS at the end around 10-15 depends on membrane. I think for freshwater it is not required it is more useful for marine.

Thanks for the reply. I will opt for the 3 stage instead. I have a 350l tank, but I will aim to cut 50% ro with tap/waste ro water.

75g is adequate, but is there any pro/cons on getting the 50g? I dont think I will upsize my tank for a good few years at least. I also have a 60l tank which I keep sakura shrimp and mosses and a 25l tank for the low grade sakura offpsring.

I got 100g and it is giving me 14Liters within hour and I am using pressure pump. How often are you going to change water? Consider maybe 100g or even 150g or do you have big container to store it? Also you may need pump if your pressure is low as with low pressure your RO water will not be properly filtered or not filtered at all.

I see. 100g = 14l an hour.

I have a 350l tank and expect to do a water change once every 2 weeks as it is a semi low tech tank. In the future I intend to add co2, but at a very low bubble count of 2-3 bps.

I will have 30l jerry cans.

Back