• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Gill

IMAG0030.jpg
IMAG0030.jpg
IMAG0030.jpg
IMAG0032.jpg
IMAG0033.jpg
IMAG0034.jpg
IMAG0035.jpg
IMAG0036.jpg
IMAG0037.jpg
IMAG0038.jpg
IMAG0039.jpg
IMAG0040.jpg
IMAG0041.jpg
IMAG0042.jpg
IMAG0043.jpg
IMAG0044.jpg
IMAG0045.jpg
IMAG0046.jpg
Tank: Ciano Tartarium 40 = 40*25.6*16.9cm
Filter: APS 300 HOB With Prefilter Sponge.
Heating: Interpet 15w Slim Card Heater
Lighting: Waterhome 9W and JBD 9W LED

Substrate: Wet for something contrasting - so a Orange/Red Sand
Hardscape: Seiryu Stone covered in Various Moss and Stems.
Wood Used: Redmoor Root Burl

Planted Area: Hydrocotyle = Nova Zealandiae, Sibthoripiodes Variegata, Vulgaris and Trip

And here you Go.
This is what I cam up with in a very quick time. George is right they are really easy to scape and low maintenance.

IMAG0029.jpg
IMAG0028.jpg

Attachments

• IMAG0027.jpg
    IMAG0027.jpg
    860.3 KB · Views: 294
Hi Gill,The store where you got the tank do they deliver :D Think the Grandson has another project coming up. Well that's what I will tell the Wife ;)

Any excuse to get another tank going is always good. As the wifey is away till end of April visiting Family in Canada i have free reign on setting up tanks at the moment. And enjoying the freedom of being able to visit LFS I don't normally get time to. And thinking of going to fish paradise @ Pier

Sorry they dont, as it is still new and he is finding his feet. I think he is one of the only people to stock this brand as not seen anyone else stock it yet.
The camera phone make it look very red, though it is more of a dark clay color.

Added some inhabitants to this now.
A group of pygmy cories and some shrimp. Mixed groups of Golden Bee Shrimp, Red Taiwan Bee (wine red), Blue Bolt.
Plants are doing really well and like how the Hydrocoytle is growing.

Plus 1 on the substrate colour:eek:

It sort of looked okay when it was dry, how come it went all sort of clumpy when it got wet?

I like the mosses and ferny looking plants!
Steve

It is a Hermit crab substrate, once wet trapped alot of air in it. Looks a whole lot better now. Def more of a clay color now.

Added more plants to this today.
In the Marginal area added a few pots of Rotala Macranda
And 1 substrate Planted:
x2 pots of Alternanthera Reineckii "mini"
And some Rosanverg

Nice one Gill, I ended up with the 60 size tank, now trying not to make a pig's ear of it! :)

Nice one Gill, I ended up with the 60 size tank, now trying not to make a pig's ear of it! :)

I saw it had gone, and wondered if you had purchased it.

If you are not in a Rush, Hold off. There are plans afoot for an Insularium scaping event locally soon. And all the Plants from the range George Used will be available, as well as the tanks, gravels, planting racks/Baskets etc. Only just found out about it. Gonna be a good day out.

Last edited:
Spent a bit watching this again this evening and playing about with the lighting.
Changed the filter to a resun maxijet internal, and adjusted the outlet to create a fountain effect. and it looks and sounds nice. The shimmer is great.
Tied some of the Fissidens to the emersed parts of the redmoor that stays wet, and will see how it fairs.

Spotted alot of cyclops on the glass, so that is a good sign. and think i saw a few shrimplets darting about.
Changed the fish around. Took out the gouramies, killifish and the cories. And added a pair of HM Pink Dragonscale fighters, female is in an holding bell for now until they are fattened up. male has been attempting to make a nest, but not quite got the grasp yet as they are quite a young pair.
Added some more Black Thai Bees and some more Wine Reds. Not going to add any sulawesi to this one for the time being, as waiting to see what the new color morphs are going to be priced at for the uk market. Love the look of the Blue Cardinals, and they Red Orchids.
Some of the Whites are going a lovely peach color and they look stunning, as the colors are deeper against the redness of the sand.
Snail wise, so glad I chose to go with the Galaxy Pink ramshorns. They way they develop tiny little diamonds pattern all over the flesh is so cool. and they look so different to the standard browns and reds.
The shrimp are now venturing into the emersed part of the scape and forage amongst the exposed soil.
not seen the paradoxus for a while, so hope they are ok.
The Macranda was in a bad way when purchased, but can already see new shoots making their way up out of the water.
Tempted to put some creeping Jenny in aswell, but dunno.

How are you managing to keep Taiwan bees and sulawesi in the same tank considering sulawesi need much harder water? Or are these soft water variety of sulawesi? If the bettas breed what will you do with all the fry as I got over 100 fry surviving to grow out stage from my last spawn.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

How are you managing to keep Taiwan bees and sulawesi in the same tank considering sulawesi need much harder water? Or are these soft water variety of sulawesi? If the bettas breed what will you do with all the fry as I got over 100 fry surviving to grow out stage from my last spawn.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I buy from UK bred Stock Sulawesi Shrimp, still add a little bit of Mineral dust to the water though. And they are fine.

Don't worry, still have all my old betta breeding supplies in the garage. And have An LFS that will take anything I breed.

Back