• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Intank vs inline

Deano3

Just wondering everyones opinion on this i currently have inline diffuser but the misty tank is quite annoying so thinking about going intank as now have better flow as tried this before inline and couldnt get drop checker correct colour.

Should you be able to use same ampunt of co2 ?

If i go intank i will use neo diffuser and purchased a glass U peice to go over top of tank.

Thanks dean

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Be interested in this and peoples thoughts. I'm new to CO2 but it does surprise me the amount of micro bubbles in the tank from the inline diffuser. When choosing inline vs intank I immediately opted for inline, as 'why would you want an intank when you can have an inline which is out of sight'?! I'm now beginning to wondering if intank might actually be a better compromise. I have a 1.4m long tank though, so not sure if the 'spread' from an intank would be sufficient, even if the intank is located near a lilypipe

Be interested in this and peoples thoughts. I'm new to CO2 but it does surprise me the amount of micro bubbles in the tank from the inline diffuser. When choosing inline vs intank I immediately opted for inline, as 'why would you want an intank when you can have an inline which is out of sight'?! I'm now beginning to wondering if intank might actually be a better compromise. I have a 1.4m long tank though, so not sure if the 'spread' from an intank would be sufficient, even if the intank is located near a lilypipe

Hi @Fisher2007 & @Deano3

I have one of the original design Bazooka in-tank diffusers. In order to improve distribution of CO2, I have this diffuser positioned about 7cm below a compact streaming pump (attached to the rear glass panel). The CO2 bubbles, when rising, get sucked into the streaming pump and rapidly blown out across the length of the tank. In so doing, the bubbles reduce in size as they are absorbed into the water. The micro-bubbles are still visible when viewed close (say, 30cm) to the tank. But, I've grown to quite like the effect. I certainly don't find them a distraction. The fact that most of them are being propelled rapidly across the tank helps. Here is the newer Bazooka design:

https://www.co2art.eu/products/new-in-tank-bazooka-flux_-co2-diffuser-for-planted-aquariums

JPC

I prefer in tank.
Especially like the neo diffuser because there's no need for a separate bubble counter.
Can't risk an inline failing,whilst I'm away..and flooding the house.

There used to be discussion on the Co2 bubbles accumulating under the leaf being beneficial for the plants. I like in tank better.

I use Tunze in tank diffuser which utilizes a power head to distribute dissolved and gaseous CO2.

https://www.tunze.com/CA/en/details/7074.500-co2-diffuser.html

It can handle high bps, silent, and said to be suitable up to 1000 liter. I think it is rather efficient, but have no experience comparing it to an inline diffuser. Regardless of efficiency, I never want to own an inline diffuser for fear of leak, specially vulnerable are the DIY ones that have not been tested.

I agree with everyones pros and cons and last time i cleaned my pipes mine dripped as when tighten the nuts it pushes off the pipe but seems to give good co2 distribution plus one less item in the tank so i cant make my mind up. Worried i go back to intank and need to up the bps.

Wish was a bit less cloudly also but not end of the world. Interesting hearing peoples thoughts.

Dean

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

I'm using both, inline on bigger tank and in tank on smaller (mainly because i've moved to using HOB filters on the smaller tanks)

had success with both and they do a great job, inline is a bit more fiddly when it comes to maintenance (not very often) but it has the edge in terms of functionality for me

you won't go wrong with either as long as you are using good quality products

Back