• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Interested in adding more floating plants

Hygrorhyza aristata is a nice one.

I've got "dwarf" water lettuce as well and it's probably 8" across.

The dwarf water lettuce is a strange one isn't it. In my high tech tank with EI ferts and fairly high light, it stays small and throws out loads of daughter plants. In my Moina tank that has only residual traces of ferts and fairly low light, it gets massive!

The dwarf water lettuce is a strange one isn't it. In my high tech tank with EI ferts and fairly high light, it stays small and throws out loads of daughter plants. In my Moina tank that has only residual traces of ferts and fairly low light, it gets massive!

I have a mixture of the two in the same tank. There is a couple of 8" monsters (which I think is the size they should grow to) and plenty of small 1-2" plants that have grown from them.

Tbh I prefer the larger ones as they are easier to control and not as annoying. The roots also really provide great areas for the fish.

Salvinia cucullata.
c0622f-165f-42c8-8e79-bcc254f56891_zps6ab78da0-jpg.jpg

Aeschynomene Fluitans.
aeschynomene-fluitans-2-small-jpg.jpg

Phyllanthus fluitans.
upload_2017-7-20_16-40-42-png.png
Just love the Aeschynomene Fluitans. Just ordered myself one :)

Appears to be rarer than rocking horse turd on this side of the 'pond', but I chanced on this site just now . .

Hopefully this is the right stuff!!!

Edit: 6x left now for anyone else that wants some!

Well that was short lived - Lincs Pond Plants just refunded my payment, stating that the plants aren't suitable to send out apparently! :banghead: . . . When something seems too good to be true . . .

Ermm... not that I fell into the mad frenzied buying malarkey, but... seems I've also had a refund of £4.47 from Lincolnshire pond plants. 🤔

Strange thing is they're still showing one in stock.

Yeah, figured it was worth a risk. If they're no good, its an easy claim back through eBay.

Back