• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Interested in adding more floating plants

In person. They had quite a few pieces.
World of Water is really worth a visit, they had the rare Micrantha gerfleckt lotus there and some other lovely and rare plants, as well as a some interesting unusual fish at vv good prices. Also have surprisingly good hardscape selection.

Call them and order, say you're from UKAPS and they should be ok with it, when I went there last I chatted to one of the guys there that orders the aquarium plants (Dan) and he said they'd be happy to send out if asked. He said he lurks here so he knows this is where all the unusual plant lovers are!

Well, finally managed to snag some guys. Thanks for the heads up both. Spoke to Dan at WoW and ordered two pieces of Aeschynomene Fluitans (had fun sounding like a plonker trying to pronounce that over the phone!) and two Micrantha Gerfleckt (Tri-colour Lotus) bulbs (had to have these after seeing Rosieā€™s!).

Everything arrived the very next day less than 24 hours later packed excellently in a polystyrene box. He ended up sending me three of each, and each piece of Aeschynomene Fluitans is over a foot long! Canā€™t fault that for service!

50CF224C-B4C7-4798-B8CB-A6E32CC808C2.jpeg
53CBEC04-6544-4048-8293-65459F895F38.jpeg

Well, finally managed to snag some guys. Thanks for the heads up both. Spoke to Dan at WoW and ordered two pieces of Aeschynomene Fluitans (had fun sounding like a plonker trying to pronounce that over the phone!) and two Micrantha Gerfleckt (Tri-colour Lotus) bulbs (had to have these after seeing Rosieā€™s!).

Everything arrived the very next day less than 24 hours later packed excellently in a polystyrene box. He ended up sending me three of each, and each piece of Aeschynomene Fluitans is over a foot long! Canā€™t fault that for service!

View attachment 175591View attachment 175592
Yessssss, so good, glad the plan worked well! šŸ˜šŸ˜šŸ˜ Congrats on the fabulous plants, might have to call them up and ask for some of this water mimosa myself!

Re. the Aeschynomene Fluitans, can I ask do you have any indicators on its ease of maintenance? Special requirements?

Re. the Aeschynomene Fluitans, can I ask do you have any indicators on its ease of maintenance? Special requirements?

Iā€™ve obviously only just acquired mine. I was advised by Dan at Wildwoods that they need a lot of nutrients to thrive, but donā€™t need excessive lighting like many surface pond plants apparently do.

The plants I have seem to be putting out an awful lot of new leaves at the growing tip, very rapidly, but itā€™s too early to tell if this is in reaction to a change of environment, or a permanent growth habit. My tank is EI dosed though, so they should have unlimited access to nutrients.

Thank you.
Running low tech so may well have to up the ferts if WoW have any left as love the look of the plant.

Just come across this thread and Iā€™m obviously late to the fluitans mania! And yes I want some! What is the latest consensus contact WoW in Enfield to enquire if they will post or does anyone have some spare they are willing to sell me?

Back