• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Interesting Sechem Purigen reply!!!

The all new Seachem Milano Italian Chianti red wine vinegar available for £14.99 per 250ml sponsored by Anthony Worral Thompson.

Instructions:
Soak the Seachem bag in 500ml of vinegar for 8 hours, rinse and soak in another 500ml of vinegar for 8 hours.

Alternatively use Seachem acid buffer :lol:

On a more serious note I have no idea how much. I was just going to use the normal malt and soak it for a day and then rinse well before putting it back again.

AC

indeed it is. Will try it this week as I am recharging my 'sac' at the mo :)

AC

SuperColey1 said:
The all new Seachem Milano Italian Chianti red wine vinegar available for £14.99 per 250ml sponsored by Anthony Worral Thompson.

Instructions:
Soak the Seachem bag in 500ml of vinegar for 8 hours, rinse and soak in another 500ml of vinegar for 8 hours.

Alternatively use Seachem acid buffer :lol:

On a more serious note I have no idea how much. I was just going to use the normal malt and soak it for a day and then rinse well before putting it back again.

AC

rofl. :lol: I would use the white vinegar if I were you. All the benefits without much of the smell.

I only have Sainsbury's basics malt vinegar to hand :) Not spending money to save money. lol

Not worried about the smell either. Will go out in the shed like it does when it is bleach soaking.

AC

When it is brown after rinsing in tank water then it's time to recharge. I do mine about every month and a half :)

I think Dave Spencer said that his lasts about 3 months

AC

I didn't see a huge difference in clarity but then my water has been super since I got an external filter 2 years ago. The water I thought was crystal clear obviously was obviously a 'smidgeon' away from crystal clear ;)

I use it mainly for it's ability to remove organic wastes. That way algae has less chance :)

AC

well the ammonia from fish poop. lol. the actual brown solids tend to be caught earlier in the media before it gets to the purigen at the top.

AC

I see a small difference in clarity but no idea if it does anything else better than before without testing. lol

AC

Back