• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Internal Heaters (top quality)

GHNelson

Global Moderator
UKAPS Team
Hi Planters
I am about to purchase a 75watt heater can anyone recommend a quality item.
I have purchased tetractec in the past the build is good quality, but they tend to stick now and again.
Looking for something that's a good build more reliable and accurate with shut off included.
Thanks all
hoggie

hogan53 said:
Hi Planters
I am about to purchase a 75watt heater can anyone recommend a quality item.
I have purchased tetractec in the past the build is good quality, but they tend to stick now and again.
Looking for something that's a good build more reliable and accurate with shut off included.
Thanks all
hoggie

I have used the Rena Smartheater range and find them quality, i hear that eheim jager heaters are excellent quality also.

Thanks all
Just binned a Tetratec today as it was faulty.That's the second one.Ive had enough of them now.
May go with Chilleds advise and purchase a Rena smart.
Cheers all again.
hoggie

If you are looking for a nano heater the Eheim Jagers are probably out as they are extra long but also more efficient e.g. a 250w Jager can heat the same size tank as a 300w standard one. Don't know if the same applies at lower wattages. Great heaters though.

hi
the tank i have is a small 10l but the newattino i have at the min isn't powerful enough to keep it at a good temp.
the highest temp i got out of it was around 22-23 but it now only stays in the 19-20.
i don't know if i should go and get the hydor 200w external.
the only worry is i don't have much hose on the filter and it wont be vertical but more horizontal, will this be ok??

Hi,

I have a quite lot of the tetratech heaters and on the whole I find them quite good and reliable but I have had one faulty one. What I do like about them though is the cable length, 3 metres, which I wish all manufacturers would fit as standard.

Regards, Chris.

Back