Interpet Power Compact - Replacement tubes?

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Steve Smith, 20 Oct 2008.

1. Steve Smith

Steve Smith Member

I have an 18w PC in my little nano and I could only get a "beauty" tube for it, and quite frankly it sucks! I've been looking around and found a Tri-Plus but interpet tubes for the 18w seem quite limited.

I've been hunting about and found that the endcap is a 2G11 fitment. Looking on Lampspecs, I see they carry a range of 2G11 tubes. I just wondered if anyone has used any other tubes, other than the Interpet own brand?

I'm also thinking of adding a second 18w unit. Out of these tubes on lampspecs, what would people recommend? (I'm thinking 2 of the 865 daylight tubes?)

If it has any bearing, this is on a 27 litre Aqua40 tank, which I'm in the process of setting up for shrimp. It'll be growing mosses, crypts and ferns, so low light. I will either dose Easycarbo or might even venture to pressurised CO2. With that in mind, a second light unit might not be necessary.

Thanks in advance :)

2. SuperColey1

SuperColey1 Member

3. Aeropars

Aeropars Member

I too have had this problem. I want only one for a duel luminaire that came with my nano but the delivery charge for this one tube makes the price about 15 quid!

4. JamesM

JamesM Member

Do you have a local Electric Factors, like CEF or Edmundsons?

5. Steve Smith

Steve Smith Member

I went with a Sylvania tube from Lampspecs in the end. Lovely and bright :)