Interpet T5 Gone Kaput

Angus1

Hi,
Ive had a single Interpet T5 55W PC started unit and a T5 55W Interpet Daylight PLUS lighting tube for about 1 year. The light has now decided its not going to work any more :(

The swich still lights up when i turn it on but the bulb dousnt :?

Has anyone had this problem before? I was wondering if the bulb had just died and i needed to replace it. Does anyone know how to test a bulb to see if it has died?

Thanks
Angus

Luketendo

Chances are the bulb has gone and if you are serious about plants you should replace the bulbs at least once a year anyway because they loose their spectrum.

Angus1

Luketendo said:
Chances are the bulb has gone and if you are serious about plants you should replace the bulbs at least once a year anyway because they loose their spectrum.
Ok, i will try and get a new bulb. At the moment the tank is a mess and i was wiating intill i replace my current algy with actual plants before i replaced the bulb :)

B4M

Hi, Check if it's just under a year old. If so I suggest you obtain a bulb and test before the warranty expires. Interpet will not supply replacements as they don't meet new electrical regulations but should provide a full refund. I've just received a cheque from them today :D

B4M

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
O Interpet Tri Spec 2 with a TC420 unit Lighting 7