• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Interview with James Findley

Nice to see Jim getting some more exposure. We dont hear enough from him. My favourate aquarium at TGM looks great in the photo. Although that scape while very good and creative is not my favourate of his. It was actually the original more jungle type scape I saw when I went there for the first time back in 08 I think.

Out of interest, when did this interview take place ?

Must be quite a while ago; He's still moaning about LED's and mentions that there aren't any other planted tank stores in the UK.

Very interesting though, thanks for the post.

Sentral said:
Must be quite a while ago; He's still moaning about LED's and mentions that there aren't any other planted tank stores in the UK.

Very interesting though, thanks for the post.

LOL Great minds think alike ;) I was thinking the same thing, having just read an article on the TGM website about the LED's they are happy to recommend now :) I knew he would not be a hypocrite and say one thing in interview and another on his site just to sell stuff cos thats not the way James works. Hence thinking the interview was not very recent. Having picked up on that the rest of the interview is all totally relevant.

Its funny, because the first planted tank I saw I fell in love with too. The only difference is that I never thought it was something I could achieve. Hell, even the LFS's in this area all said "ooh no Sir ! Thats FAR too advanced and difficult for most people" which is a sad reflection of where the hobby was at 20 years ago. Now we have the likes of TGM, Aqua Essentials, Aquajardin and a few more places emerging, along with the enthusiasm of the likes of James Findlay, our very own George, IanH and Mark E (and plenty of others) and sites like this, and it opens this hobby up to a whole new audience. Hell, I even found myself chatting to the manager of my local P@H trying to persuade him to manage his plants section a little better in order to encourage better understanding of planted tanks... you know, get people on the right track and you can start selling the CO2 kits and get more into it. He was somewhat reticent but I am gonna keep up the pressure.

But more than that, like James F and several others, i LOVE photography too. And this new interest (along with seeing some of the excellent imagery on here and also James's interview) has inspired me to take that hobby one stage further too. So now I am on a big drive to improve my photography skills more. I love nature photography and landscapes.... now I can concentrate on smaller landscapes too :)

It is a great interview, and I do like James aquascaping style. Having been to TGM a number of times, the pictures do not do justice to the bigger tanks, they are awesome. :)

This is also a nice scape, and could be a great base for a newbie to try out:
Finley14.jpg

Nice interview! James was extremely helpful when I went to TGM and they also sorted my optiwhite tank out for me in no time at all - top quality too!

I'm glad that you guys like it.

Feel free to read other interviews too. Every month we are trying to make an interview with one famous aquascaper. With inbuilt google translator you can translate to whatever language you want.

Antipofish said:
Out of interest, when did this interview take place ?

It was 2 months ago...:thumbup:

ghostsword said:
It is a great interview, and I do like James aquascaping style. Having been to TGM a number of times, the pictures do not do justice to the bigger tanks, they are awesome. :)

This is also a nice scape, and could be a great base for a newbie to try out:
Finley14.jpg
TGM_opti.jpg

What is the long plant in the background?

Back