• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

iPhone Apps

rawr

I recently got an iPhone and am quite new to the whole iPhone thing - I'm still learning how to use it! :lol: I've currently got the Facebook, Spotify and Shazam apps but would like some suggestions on cool apps? I'm not after anythin in particular really, just any recommendations? Thanks :)

Seachem dosage calculator? :D

the ones i love:
Twitter - now this is free
Flickr
Facebook
Currencies - great tool to convert to zillion of currency in a second
Free Memory - Iphone eats all of it. great tool to flush the mem
Happy Days - for birthdays
Analytics - for webmasters, site owners a must to have

oh and eng < > hun dictionary to say hi to your hungarian aquascaper friend :lol:

I have used Flashlight many times in a scrape... Including dropping my wedding ring under seats in the cinema as I was playing with it during a girlie file :wideyed: Without flashlight I would never have found it...

LondonDragon said:
iPhone is dead, you should have got a Droid instead ;) hundreds of very good apps and all free!!

you can have all the iphone apps for free ;) EDIT: LINK REMOVED! UKAPS DOES NOT PROMOTE PIRATED SOFTWARE!

and it works. a friend tested it on his iphone/ipod (i don't have one) and all the apps and games etc are free now :p

LondonDragon said:
iPhone is dead, you should have got a Droid instead ;) hundreds of very good apps and all free!!
My handset is due for upgrade next month... I fancy myself an HTC Desire or Google Nexus One, depending how negotiations in the phone shop go...

Kosh42|EFG said:
My handset is due for upgrade next month... I fancy myself an HTC Desire or Google Nexus One, depending how negotiations in the phone shop go...
I purchased the HTC Desire, since showing it to a few mates they have now changed to it from the iPhone and others are screwing about being tied down to the iPhone contract, for me its a much better device, and with the release of Android 2.2 just around the corner it will make the device even better ;)

Victor, how does this translate (my aquascaping friend):

"szia én barátom magyar aquascaper" :?: :?:

I am personally really happy with the iPhone. The reason I got an iPhone over other handsets is because I was going to get an IPod Touch anyway, and when I got a call saying it was time for an upgrade it seemed the logical thing to do. The only (quite major) downside I've found so far is the fact that the battery life is crap.

Thanks for the suggestions, I've also downloaded the Spotify app after going premium which is brilliant. Keep the suggestions comin though! :)

The main thing driving me away from my iPhone is iTunes... I hate it with a passion but you can't have one without the other...

Android as just moved iPhone into second place in terms of sales in the US last month, won't be long before everyone is talking Android in this side of the pond also ;)

The iPhone is great if people just want a simple device that works fine and I recommend it to most people, the Android just gives it a little edge and freedom to do whatever you want wit the device and not what Apple tell you what you can do with it.

My wife loves her iPhone. Easy to use, looks pretty, etc...

I'm a tinkerer so am looking forward to a bit more freedom as LondonDragon says... Also the Google integration (mail, calendar, maps, buzz, etc) seems to be better in Android... Google does own most of my online life...

Kosh42|EFG said:
Also the Google integration (mail, calendar, maps, buzz, etc) seems to be better in Android... Google does own most of my online life...
Don't forget that if you use Exchange email at work, the new HTC Desire has a great app for that, amazing really, syncs your work calendar, contacts, lets you search the company directory, lets you create calendar events and send invites to other people in the company, very useful to have in the pocket ;) (iPhone as an app too but not as good) and I can also copy and paste from one app to the other or to many without having to close them down ;)

My work's systems are fire walled to the hilt... Wouldn't be able to sync them...

The one thing I do have that seems to have gone under their radar is a Google app that runs on the laptop and sync's the Outlook calendar with your Google calander...

Kosh42|EFG said:
My work's systems are fire walled to the hilt... Wouldn't be able to sync them...
The one thing I do have that seems to have gone under their radar is a Google app that runs on the laptop and sync's the Outlook calendar with your Google calander...
Ah cool, you can always use a VPN if your company has one ;)

I downloaded 'Angry Birds' and true to the reviews, it's quite addictive! :lol:

Hi guys, I'm just about due an upgrade, not keen on the iphone4 as heard a few bad things about them, would the htc desire still be the one to get?

Back