• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

is a 150W metal Hali a bit OTT

you'd need to hang it higher than 30cm above the tank. at least 50cm.

putting 150w over my tank is the best thing i ever did. but you'd need to be deadly accurate with ferts and co2, or at least, confident.

Personally, whist it probably wouldn't be a bad thing (providing you keep up the ferts and CO2) its not necessary on a 60lt. And you're probably just making work for yourself not least with trimming the plants. There is also the increased risk of algae if you get the ferts of CO2 wrong.

Sam

my opinion for all its worth, is this.

buy a 150w MH lamp. if you think of it this way, you can turn the 150w into what ever you want by hanging it a different height.

how many lamps/lights can you say do that?

my 150 would power a 300cm, 60cm and a 90cm just by altering the height. and quality light to boot....the difference is massive between T5 and MH

BTW, from day one with autumn blush, I never suffered algae. only a little GSA on anubias which eventually went. but like themulus said co2 good ferts wc etc are vital

mattyc said:
MH 150W or a 2x15W T8 light unit

i guess there almost at completey different ends of the spectrum :lol:

miles apart from each other. the choice wouldnt be what light you use, but more what time you can commit to your tank, then choose the light

i am stuck with my budget to what i can find 2nd hand on ebay, i have just found a hagen glo 2x 24W T5 unit

mattyc said:
i am stuck with my budget to what i can find 2nd hand on ebay, i have just found a hagen glo 2x 24W T5 unit

Got 2 of these units on my Osaka. Have the one supplied with it which hangs and the other rest on its brackets.

Great units

Back