• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Is a silicone with fungicide ok to use under tank lid but out of water?

DaveWatkin

As per the topic. I want to stick an extra light to my tank lid with silicone and I have plenty of bathroom sealant but no aquarium. To save the cost can I use bathroom as long as it doesn't touch the water?

I want to stick an extra light to my tank lid with silicone
Silicone is not actually a glue. Almost guaranteed to not stick, eventually, especially on most plastics.

If I was adding an extra light, I would bolt it into place, either plastic, but UV resistant, bolts or stainless steel. Then seal with silicone to stop water getting in places it is not wanted.

Thanks. I actually ended up gluing some spare heater suction cups I had to the lid using seachem glue (forget the name, flourish something?) and the light clips into them perfectly :)

Turns out I don't think I even need the light now anyway, after more research I think the stock will be sufficient and the extra one will just cause me issues of having too much light .

Back