• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Is Chihiros A501 enough for 60cm low-tech?

Nont

my high-tech 60p tank (3 inches substrate) have carpet of H. tenellum and some small E. cordifolius. I want to convert it to low-tech, low-light tank, do you think the plants would thrive with Chihiros A-series A501 ?

my high-tech 60p tank (3 inches substrate) have carpet of H. tenellum and some small E. cordifolius. I want to convert it to low-tech, low-light tank, do you think the plants would thrive with Chihiros A-series A501 ?
Hi @EchinodorusScape I would say yes... both are in the Easy category - they will need some time to adapt to a non-CO2 injected environment for sure - you will of course need to dial down the light as you are already aware of, in order to reduce the plants CO2 requirements (your light should be ok if you can dim it or is this a new light ? - I can't really tell from the link what this light is about). Do keep up your current fertilizer and maintenance routine. I think it would be brilliant to start a (rehash) thread asking about the best way to take a running high-tech tank low-tech...

Cheers,
Michael

Last edited:
Back