• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Is high flow causing my plants not to pearl?

DivZero

I finally flooded my tank 5 days ago after a 6 week dry start. My plants seem to be doing great and I see no signs of any die-off/melting which is also great. I'm injecting CO2, dosing EI and EasyCarbo (same stuff as Excel). Because I have a spray bar installed I was able to get flow all the way down to the substrate. My light is the Chihoro Aquasky (similar to the ADA light) and is running for 6 hours per day (3 on, 2 off 3 on) while my tank is still cycling. I have no fauna yet.

To be clear, I don't need or want my plants pearl and as far as I can tell they are healthy and growing. But I am wondering is the flow at the substrate is causing the plans not to pearl? If I turn of the pump during within a minute my plants start to (visibly) product oxygen which bubbles to the top. If I turn the pump back on within a shot time the bubbling stops.

It's my theory that the flow is helping the oxygen dissolve fast enough into the water that no visible bubbles appear on the plants or bubble up. Once I turn off the pump, the oxygen can't dissolve fast enough and forms bubbles which appears as "pearling".

Is there anyone who has an opinion about this? I'm just wondering about it :)

IzaSDcU.jpg

Monte Carlo gently fizzing about...

Back