• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Is it Algae or ?

Ahmad

Dears,

please the check the below pictures, I'm sure my plants facing issue.
Tank age: 2 weeks
Size: 150L
Co2: ~ 1.5 bps (the PH/co2 checker is light green)
Ferts: EI
Light: 3x LED light ( 2x 6500K and 1x >6500k) but i'm using just 2x6500k for now to avoid algae at start up, and light is on for 8 hours as below:
Co2 24/7 *waiting new regulator.
from 11:00 am - 1:00 pm (2 hours)
from 5:00 pm - 11:00 pm (6 hours)
Filter/water circulation: 10x tank size with power-head to help with water circulation.

20131217_122340.jpg

20131217_122414.jpg

20131217_1225244.jpg

20131217_1302099.jpg

20131217_1302433.jpg

20131217_1303166.jpg

Waiting your feedback.

Regards

more information on the lighting could prove useful, however 8 hours seems a long time for a new tank, I usually start on 6. Also, what is your water change regime? you will need to do a lot more water changes in the first few weeks.

Finally I cannot see any livestock in there it may be worthwhile ramping the co2 up more to give the plants a head start before you add livestock

more information on the lighting could prove useful, however 8 hours seems a long time for a new tank, I usually start on 6. Also, what is your water change regime? you will need to do a lot more water changes in the first few weeks.

Finally I cannot see any livestock in there it may be worthwhile ramping the co2 up more to give the plants a head start before you add livestock

LED 2x 6500k 20W each. (Chinese but its seems good and cheap) I have good Glosso growth with this light.
10W-20W-30W-50W-100W-font-b-LED-b-font-Flood-Light-110V-220V-240V-Warm.jpg

10W 20W 30W 50W 100W LED Flood Light 110V 220V 240V Warm White High Power 9000LM Lights LW2-in Floodlights from Lights & Lighting on Aliexpress.com

Water change: 50% 2 times/week.
regarding the livestock, yes this is what I planed from the beginning postponed the livestock to give the plant more co2 in order to get good start, but i thought light green drop checker mean's high co2.
i will raise the co2 maybe 3-4 bps.
and next 3-4 days i will put 20 Amano shrimp and 15 cherry maybe.

These must be alages,your plants facing expected issue.
Try reducing the lighting,4-6 hours are enough for the new start tank.
Do more water changes in the first month.

Thank you for help,
I will reduce the light to 6 hours and I already raised the co2.

Ahmad,it will be a long period to get rid of the algae,hope they look health after a couple of days.

Ahmad, this just looks like diatoms, pretty common in new set ups, as the tank looks pretty healthy i wouldnt worry too much. You dont mention water changes but they should be at least twice a week of 50% with a 2 week old tank, do this, ensure the rest of the plant health is good and the diatoms should pass in a week or so.

Reactions: tim
Thank you for your time.

Ahmad,it will be a long period to get rid of the algae,hope they look health after a couple of days.

I hope that too :)

Ahmad, this just looks like diatoms, pretty common in new set ups, as the tank looks pretty healthy i wouldnt worry too much. You don't mention water changes but they should be at least twice a week of 50% with a 2 week old tank, do this, ensure the rest of the plant health is good and the diatoms should pass in a week or so.

Yes, I'm doing water change 2 time/week.
but today when i cleaned the rocks and glass i found another Algae type please check the pictures.
So I put 30 Amano shrimp in order to help and i will put some Algae eaters fish.

20131223_223440.jpg

20131223_223418.jpg

ooh, this one isnt so friendly, filamentous algae (hair, fuzz etc) usually due to poor co2 and distrubution of co2. Increase you co2, look in increase/change the circulation pattern, add some amano shrimp (so careful with increasing co2 too much) they will happily eat this normally and aggravate it as much as possible. Can be worth using an old toothbrush to remove as much as possible. Liquid carbon is also quite effective with this.
While fighting algae, if you can, first thing is always to reduce you light intensity by raising your lighting up which will reduce the plants demand for co2. If you cant raise them switch to just one lamp in the middle if possible..?? or drop lighting period to 5 hours.

ooh, this one isnt so friendly, filamentous algae (hair, fuzz etc) usually due to poor co2 and distrubution of co2. Increase you co2, look in increase/change the circulation pattern, add some amano shrimp (so careful with increasing co2 too much) they will happily eat this normally and aggravate it as much as possible. Can be worth using an old toothbrush to remove as much as possible. Liquid carbon is also quite effective with this.
While fighting algae, if you can, first thing is always to reduce you light intensity by raising your lighting up which will reduce the plants demand for co2. If you cant raise them switch to just one lamp in the middle if possible..?? or drop lighting period to 5 hours.

Actually I cant raise them, but i can go with the middle lamp for 6 hours.

Thanks god, Then you guys.
I checked my tank right now and there is no (hair Algae) but diatoms still there, its seems need more time.

Back