• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Is it possible to get massive stem plant in 30cm depth tank ?

eminor

Hello, my tank depth is 30cm, with substrate, more like 23-25 cm free, how can i get massive stem plant like the one i get from ceg picture ?

If i let it grow to the top, the stem is medium sized, the leaves are in good shapes but overall the plants looks 10 times smaller, no deficiency (EI), no holes, co2 bubbles on every leaves, stem looks great except it just not massive, is tank depth a limitation ? thx

on the second picture, the stem doesn't look high actually just massive, does the "mother plant roots" need time to develop massive stems ?

8395162102_7e84545805_c-jpg.jpg

15-10A-242-425x425-1.jpg

Hello, my tank depth is 30cm, with substrate, more like 23-25 cm free, how can i get massive stem plant like the one i get from ceg picture ?

dsc00762-13-nov-21-web-jpg.jpg

Isn't it a question of scale? If you put a betta in a 10 litre tank it looks big, you put it in a 1000 litre tank it looks tiny.

Coincidentally, my low tech tank (no CO2, no liquid carbon) is 25cm high, and because of 'scale', the stem plants look bigger to me, compared to the same plants in my larger tank.

dsc00762-13-nov-21-web-jpg.jpg

Isn't it a question of scale? If you put a betta in a 10 litre tank it looks big, you put it in a 1000 litre tank it looks tiny.

Coincidentally, my low tech tank (no CO2, no liquid carbon) is 25cm high, and because of 'scale', the stem plants look bigger to me, compared to the same plants in my larger tank.
This is nice @erwin123 - this is almost high-tech (when successful!) level plant growth right there!

This is nice @erwin123 - this is almost high-tech (when successful!) level plant growth right there!

Thanks, I suspect that shallow low-tech tanks have an advantage in terms of gas exchange vs deeper tanks. The water circulation could be improved though, there are obvious dead spots (eg: dead leaves floating on the water surface in some parts of the tank that don't move). I've ordered a low powered usb water pump to see if it helps.

I'm dosing about 0.2ml of APT EI daily (roughly 10ppm NO3 a week) but not adding liquid carbon.

Back