• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Is it worth it?

aaronnorth said:
Hi guys,
i have the reg with solenoid etc from aquatic magic, should i cut the plug off and fit a 3 pin or should i buy an adapter?
just worried incase it doesnt work. :?
Better to buy an adapter or you will void the warranty!

LondonDragon said:
aaronnorth said:
Hi guys,
i have the reg with solenoid etc from aquatic magic, should i cut the plug off and fit a 3 pin or should i buy an adapter?
just worried incase it doesnt work. :?
Better to buy an adapter or you will void the warranty!

Thats what i'm worried about, do they sell them in wilko's? I am going down town tomorrow, which places stock them and do you know where the plug is from like Europe etc. It is a 2 pin but they are flat (from Malysia)

I bought Europe but it is the wrong one :rolleyes:

aaronnorth said:
Thats what i'm worried about, do they sell them in wilko's? I am going down town tomorrow, which places stock them and do you know where the plug is from like Europe etc. It is a 2 pin but they are flat (from Malysia)
I bought Europe but it is the wrong one :rolleyes:
Sounds like its the same as the US style plug, just don't buy one that says "shavers only" ;)

2%20pin%20euro%20to%203%20pin%20UK%20shaver%20adapter.jpg

If its like that, its fine for round and flat pins. These are available from Argos for around £3 for two.

It is like this:

http://www.lakewoodconferences.com/dire ... r_Wire.jpg

it is found in these countries!:

American Samoa, Anguilla, Antigua, Aruba, Bahamas, Bangladesh, Barbados, Bermuda, Bolivia, Brazil, Cambodia, Canada, Cayman Islands, China (without holes in blades and slightly shorter blades), Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guam, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Japan, Laos, Lebanon, Liberia, Maldives, Mexico, Micronesia, Montserrat, Netherlands Antilles, Nicaragua, Niger, Okinawa, Panama, Peru, Philippines, Puerto Rico, St. Vincent, Saudi Arabia, Tahiti, Taiwan, Thailand, United States, Venezuela, Vietnam, Virgin Islands (U.S.& British), Yemen.

For a more robust solution you can order a permenent connector that will grasp the plug making it a more secure connection. They sell them here and will arrive in one or two working days. I these one both my solenoid plugs that are designed for those with transformers and they work almost as well as if they were British plugs.

aaronnorth said:
It is like this:

http://www.lakewoodconferences.com/dire ... r_Wire.jpg

it is found in these countries!:

American Samoa, Anguilla, Antigua, Aruba, Bahamas, Bangladesh, Barbados, Bermuda, Bolivia, Brazil, Cambodia, Canada, Cayman Islands, China (without holes in blades and slightly shorter blades), Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guam, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Japan, Laos, Lebanon, Liberia, Maldives, Mexico, Micronesia, Montserrat, Netherlands Antilles, Nicaragua, Niger, Okinawa, Panama, Peru, Philippines, Puerto Rico, St. Vincent, Saudi Arabia, Tahiti, Taiwan, Thailand, United States, Venezuela, Vietnam, Virgin Islands (U.S.& British), Yemen.
Aaron, read my post above - the adapters for this are available in Argos! :p Go there, buy some, plug in and forget about it :p

aaronnorth said:
the image ou gave is for shavers and LD says dont buy one that says shavers only?

I could of got one of those earlier, i was in town!
Mate, its fine. I've got 4 of them on the go - 2 for my german tetratec filters, two for regulators.

Back