• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Is my light sufficient

Sam1989

Seedling
Hi all,
I have a 30w full spectrum led light on a 160 litre tank . Would this class as low or medium I doubt high lol . Thanks guys

Thanks for reply siege. I am going to start using liquid co2 tommorow when it arrives .
Dimensions are 80cm×45x50
Lights is full spectrum 30 watt unbranded off amazon . The light runs the length of the tank if that makes a difference

As you are not using co2 gas I wouldn’t worry about lighting too much.

plant something, see what it does. Stick to easy category plants and you should be fine!

keep temp on the low side and 8 hour lighting period.

Why temp on the low side ? Do the plants tend to prefer that.no I havnt ventured into the proper co2 systems as I'm very new to planted tanks as I'm used to malawi . But I also have a 160 litre with a firemouth some barbs and ottos with play sand and a bit of val, bacopa and anubias on bogwood . I'm waiting for a delivery of seachem flourite black, root tabs , easy life carbo and profito and a couple more plants (crypts). Is the gas co2 really needed with that setup ?
Thanks for ur input it is greatly appreciated

Atmospheric CO2 dissolves more readily in water at a lower temperature which will help your plants but you are right in that you don’t really need co2 if you are happy with your plants selection and growth rate etc

Watt specification for LEDs regarding performance is no longer valid. It only specifies power consumption.

You need to look for Lux or Lumen specification and still, this doesn't say it all but can give you a rough guideline.
To find out where you are at with this you might want to read this.

https://tropica.com/en/guide/make-your-aquarium-a-success/light/

Back