• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Is pearling related to LCP ?

eminor

Hello, can a plant reach the LCP without any bubbles on it ? i switched to low light, tired of everyday maintenance, i know that my co2 is perfect right now, there was insane pearling in high light without algae. i'm definitely in the low light area, no bubbles anywhere. thx

Pearling occurs when the water close to the leaf is saturated with O2, a small O2 bubble forms. This doesn't mean the whole tank is saturated with O2. When my 500l was mid photoperiod their was no pearling, until I turned the flow off in the tank, then slowly most plants would start pearling as the water surrounding the leaf became saturated with O2. As soon as the flow was turned back on the pearling would stop as the water surrounding the leaf was constantly being refreshed with unsaturated O2 water

Pearling occurs when the water close to the leaf is saturated with O2, a small O2 bubble forms. This doesn't mean the whole tank is saturated with O2. When my 500l was mid photoperiod their was no pearling, until I turned the flow off in the tank, then slowly most plants would start pearling as the water surrounding the leaf became saturated with O2. As soon as the flow was turned back on the pearling would stop as the water surrounding the leaf was constantly being refreshed with unsaturated O2 water
So in high light, saturation is faster because of increased metabolism speed ?

Hello, can a plant reach the LCP without any bubbles on it ? i switched to low light, tired of everyday maintenance, i know that my co2 is perfect right now, there was insane pearling in high light without algae. i'm definitely in the low light area, no bubbles anywhere. thx

you should update your journal with photos of your new tank!

Back