• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Is there a 'basics' sticky?

ellena

I'm trying to have a readup on CO2 and I'm already confused! :oops:
There are abbreviations (like DC?) which I don't understand and tutorials which explain how to make systems, but I can't see anything about how to decide how much to dose into your tank and how to control it. Is there a sticky I've missed, or shall I just ask questions in here?
Thanks!

ellena said:
I'm trying to have a readup on CO2 and I'm already confused! :oops:
There are abbreviations (like DC?) which I don't understand and tutorials which explain how to make systems, but I can't see anything about how to decide how much to dose into your tank and how to control it. Is there a sticky I've missed, or shall I just ask questions in here?
Thanks!
DC stands for Drop Checker, which is how we (roughly)measure the levels of co2... http://www.ukaps.org/drop-checker.htm

Welcome to the forum btw :)

Brilliant! I'll have a read through those links-thanks :)

Wow-lots to take in! I took my A levels in science and work in a science based job but I still had to read that twice. My brain hurts now :lol:

ellena said:
Wow-lots to take in! I took my A levels in science and work in a science based job but I still had to read that twice. My brain hurts now :lol:
I failed chemistry miserably, but found it quite simple to understand when you strip it of all the science :lol:

Add a little bit of clear stuff to the blue stuff in a DC, put in tank, wait for it to change. If its anything other than lime green, add more co2 :lol:

Back