• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Is there a negative

Chris Tinker

I have two filters.

I will keep both canisters on seperate in pipes. But is there a negative to making them both return to 1 outlet pipe?

Interested in thoughts as I would like to clean the tank up on whats inside, and my tank restricts the entrance / access from pipes so the lid is not perfectly flat.

I assume connecting the in pipes together is a big no no.

Yes connecting pipes is a big no no, as you say.

There is a fatal failure mode.

If the combined outlet gets blocked or flow severely reduced or even one filter is off there is a chance that the more powerful (or running) filter will overcome the other one, forcing water and all the filter contents out into the tank. This has been seen on this forum and obviously resulted in complete tank death.

Yes connecting pipes is a big no no, as you say.

There is a fatal failure mode.

If the combined outlet gets blocked or flow severely reduced or even one filter is off there is a chance that the more powerful (or running) filter will overcome the other one, forcing water and all the filter contents out into the tank. This has been seen on this forum and obviously resulted in complete tank death.
Thank you, I shall just have to wait until I am allowed a new tank 🤣

Back