• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Is There An Easy Starter Carpeting Plant?

BINKSY1973

Hi All.

Im off to the Oliver Knott day on Sunday at the Green Machine, and would like to pick up a carpeting plant, is there an easy one to try for someone thats not had any before.

Tank Stats. 4ft Tank

Around 220 litres.

Lighting. 2x39w T5 Lamps plus one 38w T8

I have around 10x turnover an hour.

Dose EI

Substrate Quartz Gravel.

Many Thanks Gordon.

aaronnorth said:
Just stay away from HC & Glosso which are generally classed as the hardest to grow.
:wideyed: I thought that glossostigma is one of the easiest plants. I have no problems with glossostigma, and my friend who gave me this plant was also saying that it is the easy one.

Chmura said:
aaronnorth said:
Just stay away from HC & Glosso which are generally classed as the hardest to grow.
:wideyed: I thought that glossostigma is one of the easiest plants. I have no problems with glossostigma, and my friend who gave me this plant was also saying that it is the easy one.

which is why i said generally, i find HC easy (never tried glosso), but others struggle.

not many people have failed with marsilea and hairgrass ;) It is possible that Gordon can grow any plant, but you just need to make sure HC is getting lots of CO2 & Nitrogen. hairgrass isnt as fussy IME

Im also in same boat! Im trying to grow HC in my tank with very poor success so far :(

Trying everything. Been through 8 pots already. And have just put in another three pots of HC in last week wich are showing signes of going ghostly. I also like Glossostigma elatinoides) But cant bring myself to pay the cost of buying the plat due to my non success with HC so far. Realy want a carpet in my tank. It will make my tank. Hair grass is nice but not to my wanting. I realy want a small forground plant with small leaves not stems or broud leaves.

Im also now trying Easy carbo due to everyone saying its great and that they have all seen great results withing two weeks. Its exspensive stuff too. So hopefully they benefit from it and so does my pocket!

Wish i could find someone who is real successfull in growing either of these plants and who have far too much who are willing to donate some to me to realy help me in my need! I cant spend anymore on trying to get a carpeted area. :crazy:

Hope you have sucess too mate. I would like to see your process. Keep me updated. :D

The smaller marsilea are meant to be pretty damn easy without much high tech treatment.

Best Regards,
John

Back