• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Is this a good routine

lstratton

Would the below be a good routine for a heavily planted 63 US gallon (probably 60 with the hardscape and substrate) tank with pressurised CO2, 2x T5 54W lamps and 2x T8 38W. Plants are planted in eco complete. Lights are on 10 hours a day and CO2 8 hours (comes on an hour after lights and goes off an hour before lights go off).
Filtration is the Juwel internal filter (tank is Rio240) but adding Tetratec EX600 when the fish are moved over in a month or so.
The 7th day would be the day off with the dosing.

+/-1/2Tsp-KN03 3x a week
+/-1/8Tsp-KH2P04 3x a week
+/-1/8Tsp-K2S04 3x a week
+/-10ml or 1/8Tsp-Trace 3x a week
+/-2-4ml-Fe/Iron 3x a week

Yep, looks good. You can save yourself some money by ditching the Potassium Sulfate (K2SO4). You get enough K from the KNO3 and KH2PO4. "Trace" and Fe are redundant depending on what Trace you are using. If you are using CSM+B then it already has Fe in it.

There is a thread somewhere where JamesC discovered that Mg can be missing in action even with our hard water. As a result I now suggest adding a bit of Epsom Salt (MgSO4). A couple teaspoons once a week ought to do the trick.

Cheers,

I can vouch for the Mg.

Lincolnshire water is quite hard but when I started adding epsom salts to my mix the plants looked far lusher and the water became clearer (probs something to do with the plants being healthier)

Andy

Back