• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Is this an incoming disease ? Caridina multidentata japonica/amano

Ysiatis

Hi girls and guys !

I get some "new" amano shrimps 1 week ago from "Floraquatic" online shop and one of them is looking "weird" to me.... I just noticed it's"bad looking" few hours ago.

Can you tell me what do you think about it please ? Is this what we call in french "porcelain disease" ? I am pretty scared to loose all my living stock....

Big big thanks in advance !
1.jpg
1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg

Hi Miranda !
Gosh.... then it's what we call "porcelain disease"in french (muscle necrosis)....
No, i haven't got any other free tank to stock it... There is living stock in all of them....

Do i have to worry for the entire stock in there ? I have read it is due to spores so it can be everywhere in the tank right now.... :eek:

Hi Miranda !
Gosh.... then it's what we call "porcelain disease"in french (muscle necrosis)....
No, i haven't got any other free tank to stock it... There is living stock in all of them....

Do i have to worry for the entire stock in there ? I have read it is due to spores so it can be everywhere in the tank right now.... :eek:
I think you might just have to hope for the best in regards to the other shrimp and see what happens Ysiatis...not ideal I know but I don't think there's any treatment for it.

I am reading about it for 1 hour now, hoping i was wrong but your answer and pictures i found make me think "we" are right about muscles necrosis... and no, it looks like there is no treatment....
Well,i will drop it in some water with cloves to euthanising it and cross fingers (and more) for the others to be ok....
Thanks again for your help !

Back