• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Is this convertor for FE?

amy4342

Hi guys
I've been using disposable bottles from Machine Mart, but I've now bought a FE so I'd like to convert my current unbranded reg to fit a FE. Will the D+D converter be suitable? It says, 'Converter for use on the D & D CO2 Set for fresh water and the JBL CO2 Set Easy system to allow the use of the JBL refillable CO2 bottles in place of the disposable one', and here is the link http://www.aquatics-online.co.uk/catalo ... ystems.asp.
Thanks!
Amy

Hi amy4342,

Yes the converter fits onto a FE I use one on my D-D regulator set which was originally for disposable co2 canisters. You'll need a nitrile rubber washer to fit between the two faces though and this should be changed every time you change the canister ideally. The size of the washers that D-D sell to fit this adaptor is 3/4"od 1/2"id by 1/8" thick however they were last asking £3 for two washers at my LFS last time I went to buy some.

I managed to source some from an ebay seller although the washers wern't actually listed if you send the guy a message he is very helpfull.

http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/washersdirect/

The washers I got were a metric equililant 19mm od x 12mm id x 1.2mm thick or there abouts. 50 washers cost me around £6 delivered if memory serves me right. They are thinner than the D-D washers but still work fine.

As I understand it Its quite important that you use Nitrile rubber washers as co2 attacks normal rubber, how long it would take to start leaking though I'm not sure. But if you use Nitrile washers you know it'll be ok, not worth taking risks when dealing with high pressure co2 canisters IMO which is why I replace the washer every time.

Regards, Chris.

Chris, that's a fantastic reply - so helpful! Thank you ever so much!
Amy

Back