• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Is this regulator right??

Aeropars

Hi Guys,

as you can see form my other thread, I bought the aquatic magic regulator but now its arrived i can see its very different to my JBL one and not too sure if its right!

Here's an image:
main.php

You can see here that there is no 'o' ring and the only seal is a hard plastic ring that sits flush with the edge. MY JBL has an 'o' ring on the metla insert to create the seal.

You can see a comparison of the too here:

Aquatic Magic
main.php

JBL
main.php

Also, the bobble counter sits horizontal when the dials are upright. Only way to get the bobble counter to work would be to have the dials lying flat as shown here:

main.php

Can anyone confirm if i have been sent a dodgy regulator?? I know Dan has one of these as well as others so hopefully you can help.

thats fine.. the nylon washer is actually much more efficient than the silly orings they put on them normally.

The seal is made exactly where that washer is, not further up the shank where the oring normally sits. I actually had to add a washer like that to get any decent seal.

I find the o-rings great. Had my JBL reg now for some years and have never had any leaks. Just apply a very small amount of silicone grease and do the nut up finger tight is all that is required.

James

Aeropars said:
Thanks guys.

Regarding the Bobble Counter, how many turns do you nahe to give it? Its tight on mine and has a lot of thread showing underneath so i was wondering if its on rigght

should be fine mate :) normally the components in these setups arent made for eachother, so bit of thread showing is quite normal :)

Back