Is this right?

Discussion in 'Carbon Dioxide (CO2)' started by StevenA, 28 Feb 2008.

1. StevenA

StevenA Member

I bought one of these diffuser's on ebay and the seller in Hong Kong tells me the hole in the side of it is supposed to be there, please advise. :? Sorry, but i haven't figured out how to get images on my post's yet.

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj43 ... sor001.jpg

2. Graeme Edwards

Graeme Edwards Founder Staff Member

Its hard to tell, but by looking at it, i would imagine that the co2 bubbles would by-pass that hole anyway. I think the hole is there so that it allows water into the tube that your bubbles travel up. By doing that you will clearly see the individual bubbles and be able to count them, they will all so diffuse slightly in that tube with the water. If there was no hole you would just have a spiral tube full of co2, it would release out of the ceramic plat at the top and you wouldn't be able to count or see your bubbles traveling up the spiral.

Does that make any sense? :)

3. ceg4048

ceg4048 Expert/Global Moderator Staff Member

Try the following syntax for image link:

Code:
    [ATTACH=full]77170[/ATTACH]
    Seems to work. You can do this by highlighting the URL link and then click the "Img" button just above the text entry box.

diffusor001.jpg

Cheers,