• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Is this safe?

-Craig-

Hi all!

Sorry if this is a repeat question, i just wanted to ask with my specific gas bottle pictured to make absolutely sure...

I'm planning to start a planted tank, an this will be my first time using c02. Iv'e managed to source this bottle of c02 from a shop local to me, and just want to make sure it will be perfectly safe in my aquarium as the shop was not a fish place, so he was not 100% sure.

The bottle was cheap as chips so hoping this will do the job an last me a good while! :)

Thanks,
Craig.

Last edited:
Well it is clearly a bottle used in a pub or restaurant and presumably remains the property of B.O.C. and will have been filled with food grade CO2 which I presume is what Sodastream use and those bottles are used for aquariums.
The obvious place to get it filled will be B.O.C. Dunno whether that will be a problem as you don't have a contract with them...a place that sells and refills fire extinguishers might refill it for you.What was the guy you bought it from using it for...could he help in getting it refilled.
I'm sure if you search this place you'll find some info to help.As for your question the answer is YES ...it is safe.

I'm not fussed about re-fills mate.

I imagine this will last a while an i'll deal with buying more when it runs out, just wanted to ensure its safe! :) Thank you!

Back