• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Is this too much?!?

RossMartin

Hi all,

I'm going to be getting a 24" x 18" x 18" aquarium from Aquariums Ltd as a planted tank. I know i need to achieve atleast 10x turnover. The tank will be 113 litres without substrate and rocks etc. I was going to buy an JBL Cristal Profi External e1500 and use the spray bars across the back of the tank facing the front of the tank at a slight downward facing angle, so it will push the C02 rich water (Using an external reactor) over the HC i intend to plant at the tank. Will this be too much for the tank? I don't want to disturb the susbstrate? The other option i have is to run a JBL Cristal Profi External e900 i already own on it and add a Hydo Korallia Nano?

Many thanks in advance

Ross

I am not sure if it is too much or not. If you have a dense jungle it may need it. A minimal iwagumi with just HC and I'd guess you could get away with the 900.

The approach I would take is that if you already have a filter try it with that and then upgrade if you need to.

Just my two pennies :)

I'm looking at getting exactly the same tank and I'm thinking about using a pair of ex1200's that or a fx5, I'd personally say the more the better but then light is what drives it all so if you have lower light, you can get away with lower flow. That said, it's always going to be better to have as much flow as you can. There's a lot of anicdotal information to suggest the more the better and the more we learn about flow the more it seems to be true.

Back