• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Is vitax q4 aquarium safe?

Miss-Pepper

Hi all, tried to search the forum but couldn't find the exact answer. I'm making some underwater potted plants, potted because I need to be able to constantly move and rescape for breeding purposes. I've gotten some tetra clay substrate but I want to add some fertiliser into the mix. When filling the pot can I just sprinkle some loose in the substrate and cap or does it need to be incased in something like potters clay? How many prills to a pot? And will it cause any harm to young/sensitive fish? Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_20190309_223205.jpg
    IMG_20190309_223205.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 145
  • IMG_20190309_223214.jpg
    IMG_20190309_223214.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 73
Yeah I've used similar, as Darrel says don't go crazy on it. I used potters clay (beige stuff) as a thin layer (0.5cm) at the bottom of the pot and pushed the pellets into it (about five or six into a 5cm diameter base of a customised terracotta pot), I then covered with some Tropica Soil (powder) to about an cm or so and then topped with JBL shrimp substrate, I then planted crypt Balansae in it and the growth was explosive, it quickly outgrew the pot and sent runners around the tank.

Back