• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Isolated building

no not really, but then i've allways had hi spec pc's. it tends to be filters etc that sap your processor power.when you apply the effect(i dont use them that often) it takes an eternity to process, but with modern processors it shouldnt be a problem. i run a intel quad core q6600 @2.3ghz overclocked to 3.1ghz with an added heat sink. it'll process ANYTHING including my electricity bill :lol: mac are better than pc too.

its pretty easy to use too, rather than explain it check this out http://www.cambridgeincolour.com/tutori ... curves.htm

saintly said:
no not really, but then i've allways had hi spec pc's. it tends to be filters etc that sap your processor power.when you apply the effect(i dont use them that often) it takes an eternity to process, but with modern processors it shouldnt be a problem. i run a intel quad core q6600 @2.3ghz overclocked to 3.1ghz with an added heat sink. it'll process ANYTHING including my electricity bill :lol: mac are better than pc too.

its pretty easy to use too, rather than explain it check this out http://www.cambridgeincolour.com/tutori ... curves.htm
lol. I didn't mean Curves. I meant Bugs's reference to the Gimp software.

Thanks for the link though, Mark. Curves is the way forward it seems.

I was just messing with Gs original photo since it reminded me of somthing on a Jonny Cash video so i converted it to quad tone and had a play with the curves, not bad, would like to have added some noise to age it some more but due to the resolution it looked pretty pants. Anyway, just for the giggle heres a rather mood shot of a deserted building in Texas maybe, just my imagination....
Aged.jpg

George Farmer said:
bugs said:
George Farmer said:
Oh wow! You the man.

I don't have curves with Elements 2.0. I'm getting a high-spec iMac with CS3 in November though.

GIMP...
Not tried that. Does it need a high-spec PC? User-friendly?

It's free - always a bonus.

I use to run it on a 1.4ghz, 512mb RAM PC without any problems (currently running on some monster of a laptop (or rather "desktop replacement"), the specs for which I cannot remember). User friendly... I think so. Like any software, depends what you want to do and getting used to the features you use the most.

bugs said:
It's free - always a bonus.

I use to run it on a 1.4ghz, 512mb RAM PC without any problems (currently running on some monster of a laptop (or rather "desktop replacement"), the specs for which I cannot remember). User friendly... I think so. Like any software, depends what you want to do and getting used to the features you use the most.
Downloaded it already. Only 17Mb. Looks pretty powerful. Curves work well... Thanks mate.

Nice photo's.
Is it my eyes or is there some kind of free hand selection been done around the building in the image George? Theres a slight, wavy light line around the building, more obviouse on the left wall.
Theres a tool in photo shop, cant for the life remember the name, but you will know what i mean, you can free hand select, magnetic select and point to point select....the magnetic select might of been better than the free hand option.
Sorry to find fault. The sky looks awesome.

Cheers.

After using the magnetic lasoo, try using the feather option to blend in the two different areas. It usually works for me, provided the dynamic range isn`t too great. You can select the number of pixels you want for the size of the blended edge. Probably a less than perfect fix.

Dave.

bugs said:
Wacom tablet is a nice addition for image editing...
I have a tablet PC and they are the business for photo editing, you don't realise how clunky a mouse is until you can draw on your screen :) combine it with CS3 and I should be able to do anything, now I've just got to find the time to practice... oh and get a camera that works (currently mine has no batteries, the charger died, I'm waiting on a new one but at the end of the day it's still a basic point and shoot)

I like the field shot but feel the edited version looks a little too yellow brick roady, almost unbelievable, the cropping works well but the colours are just too vivid for my tastes.

Back