• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Issue with contest.

mr. luke

I have a problem with aga 2010.
Every tank ive seen (without fail) that has placed in the hundreds lacks any visiable equipment.
Problem i have is the tank i wish to enter is bottom drilled :oops:
This is going to hurt my chances.
No way it can be removed =[

They take it out for the photos

I think Luke's point is that he won't be able to remove his filter tubing, and that the top 100 seem to be equipment free, suggesting it may damage his chances.

On the other hand, it's more of a challenge to hide your filter tubing with the plants :)

mr. luke said:
Problem i have is the tank i wish to enter is bottom drilled :oops: No way it can be removed =[
SteveUK said:
I think Luke's point is that he won't be able to remove his filter tubing, and that the top 100 seem to be equipment free, suggesting it may damage his chances.

On the other hand, it's more of a challenge to hide your filter tubing with the plants :)

Ahhh, misinterpretted :lol:

Yep, plan around the tubes I say. It may open up your imagination and may force you to create something unique :thumbup:

Spot on there steve uk :thumbup:
My plan at the moment is for a 'gumi inspired scape with very thick and tall hairgrass in left rear corner as this may hide the tubing,but it could also loose a lot of depth and look silly :rolleyes:

mr.luke, put some pics here and maybe someone here will come up with more ideas on how to hide the tubing.

I have a black background on the tank and its very noticable :(
Ill get some pictures up asap.
I could probably make them invisible with some contrasting if thats allowed :oops:
Thanks for all the help guys, i really apreciate it.
This will be my first ever contest tank so i dont want to do anything wrong :shifty:

You could also conceal pipes with hardscape, depending where they are of course. If you look at the top 27 tanks from the IAPLC 2009, theres some big bold wood scapes, I think the 27th ranked tank has some amazing "trees" which are vertical, substrate to surface. It looks like a forest scene. Something like that would be great at hiding stuff :)

Examples (Pictures borrowed from Aquascaping World forum) -

4th place:
4029816375_a792b7dcc6.jpg

11th place:
4028667433_334c748cf2.jpg

27th place:
200901.jpg

Good idea
Ill have a look for some nice woody wood :)
Im hesitant of using oak anymore as i killed a fair few fish last ime for some unknown reason =[

You're not allowed any photoshop editing at all. Or at least that's how they made it sound over on plantedtank.

Back