Issue with Fluval 205

Discussion in 'Filters, Filtration and Pumps' started by Ejack, 28 Mar 2009.

1. Ejack

Ejack Member

Hi Guys

Just realised yesterday evening that for some odd reason my Fluval isn't pushing out much water. So, turned it off at the main, pulled the plunger a few times up and down fearing I might have air in the lines, and turned it on. I could then see that it was back to normal. Yet this morning I checked again and the output of the filter was like a little trickle. I had to tun it of at the main again and back on, and then it began to push out water asd normal.

Is my filter dying or is there anyting obvious I can do to try to fix it? What I dont understand is that it works once I turn it on and off at the mains, yet after long periods of time (say 4-8 hours) it dwindles down to a trickle.

Any help appreciated

2. Ross

Ross Member

Have you checked the impeller?

3. johnny70

johnny70 Member

Have you checked the pipes, intake strainer and spray bar?

4. aaronnorth

aaronnorth Member

and also blast the pipes through with the tap as the ribbed hosing can collect a lot of detrius.

5. Ejack

Ejack Member

Cheers guys, never thought to check the pipes. Soon as I get in from work I'll have a quick look