• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Issue with Yidao Reactor

KirstyF

Hi All
The fittings on my Yidao reactor that are supposed to screw up over the pipes to keep them secure are loose and doing virtually nothing to secure the pipes, they just spin straight over the the top of them.
I’ve found that the pipes will pretty much hold themselves but did get the tiniest seep on testing which makes me a little nervous.

Anyone had the same issue and how did you solve it?

I’ve tried out a fitting from my OASE filter just to see if that would work but it’s a different thread size so won’t fit.

A bit of electrical tape around the bottom of the pipe solved the seep and tightened the fitting somewhat but I’m not convinced that this ‘custom mod’ (aka bodge) is really the way forward!! 😏 😂

Suggestions?

Difficult to answer without seeing exactly what you mean but I think I know as you can get different wall thickness pipe. Well more accurately there are two different size wall thicknesses available ie 16mm x 18 or 16 x 20 .

Yep, I think you are getting what I mean. Oase quote 16/22 so I had just assumed, but maybe that’s not what comes free in the box! I’ll double check the wall thickness! 👍

Yep, you were definitely heading in the right direction. Just got back home and checked, and it looks like the supplied pipe is 16/20 so I suspect picking up some actual 16/22 may solve the issue. The filter side fittings are already fairly snug but I’m guessing should still fit as Oase are stating this is the correct pipe size.

You’d think that’s what they would put in the box now wouldn’t you!

Then again, you’d think someone might check this first before asking daft questions. 😉😂😂

Thanks for the input.

Back