• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Issues with Ranunculus Inundatus

ghostsword

@ghostsword - I have purchased a pot of Ranunculus Inundatus to try it out, but the plant is really struggling on my tank. :(

The plant is next to Blixa, and the blixa is doins very well, staying low and compact.

Could be that the Ranunculus is adapting to underwater, but it has been two weeks maybe and still looking odd.

The leaves are turning yellow, and although not melting, they are looking sad for themselves. Not all leaves are yellow, just the largest ones.

If you had Ranunculus, is this normal?

Thanks.. The plant was a bit messed up when I got it, but expected it to get better.

I haven't had issues with a plant before, so this one is a bit of surprise.

I now left it floating on the tank, to see if it perks up, so it has more light and as much co2 as it can get.

Yep, it is a great looking plant emersed. I am moving it from the garden to the home vivarium, to see if it will spread out.

Sadly I cannot grow it underwater, two tries have failed. :(

Interesting. I was at ADC today. They have some in their holding tank, been there since we got ours maybe. Also Greg has planted it in one of the Eheim nanos that were set up on the UKAPS night.

Failing in both. Brown edges to the leaves, bit of melt. Somewhat wilted.

Have you put some of your emersed back in the tank?

It does have issues when placed in low flow/shaded areas, not sure about ferts.

You can see here my flow diagram and ranunculus placement:
http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6067/6091837609_31712c9706_b.jpg

The wavemaker is adjusted at 1000l/h, filter has an output of 3-400 l/h (rated at 700l/h), tank volume 70l (l70cm x w35cm x h30cm), 2x24w T5 with reflectors, 5-6bps CO2, external reactor (Aquatic Nature Tornado). 2ml TPN+/day, 2xDennerle A1 Daily, 2ml EC.

Mike

Thanks Mike, I see the problem on my setup now.

I had it next to the crypts, and bushy blixa, it had light, but flow next to it would have been low. :)

Will keep it going emersed, and try later on a more open tank.

Back