• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

It can always be better.... !

JamieH

So... I woke today with that itch... that itch which says 'I can make this aquarium look much better'

I scratched the itch and... Well, the results are below. I've tried to balance the brown wood with crypts on the other side... and the Tennellus needs to thicked up somewhat...

(apologies... i'm no photographer... and the water is still a touch cloudy)

DSCF0327.jpg

DSCF0332.jpg

DSCF0333.jpg

DSCF0334.jpg

DSCF0335.jpg

and finally..., the bunch of tarts begging for food:

DSCF0336.jpg

Got rid of the soil substrate... new substrate is 1 bag of argos play sand mixed with 1.4kg of JBL floropol, topped with another bag of sand. The light substrate is really making the most of my 'old fashioned' T8 lighting! :rolleyes: 8)

For comparison... the old scape:

CopyofDSCF0311-1.jpg

Your thoughts?

I like the open space, but... just seem like that lovely branchy wood is tucked out the way too much now.
It was a good focal point to begin with IMO. I suppose once the plants fill out then it'll get a focal point back.

Beautiful tank mate :)

What is your exact setup, tank size, substrate and maintenance schedule for the plants?

I saw a tank very similar to yours in the flesch recently and have to have one myself one day.

The sand looks so much better than the gravel. Well done :)

Back