• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
  • You can now follow UKAPS on Instagram.

I've got massive wood!

TBRO

Nice video - Would be cool to see a really massive bio-tope in a public aquarium. I've seen some six foot long pike while diving and they look awsome, perch are also really quite pretty - like oversized Tiger Barbs. Looking foreward to the article, Tom

taylsimon

Brilliant Idea George you have inspired me :clap:

Just out of curiosity what are the potential legal issues of collecting wild hardscape, just that i am off to Criccieth in North Wales (just outside Snowdonia national park on the coast) on the 4th Sept for 2 weeks and would love to bring back some wood and stones if i can find suitable ones?

Simon.

George Farmer

Founder
UKAPS Team
Good question, Simon.

I have enquired but it seems there's little definitive guide.

I know collecting live aquatic plants is a no-no, unless you ask the land-owners permission. Even public land you need to seek permission. I have a link somewhere that I'll post if you're interested.

I think it's a case of common sense i.e. don't get greedy and collect too much stuff so it affects the natural habitat.

taylsimon

Thanks for the quick reply. If you can post that link it will be very much appreciated, obviously i dont want to be collecting materials inside the national park :oops: but was thinking more of the surrounding rivers, and the coast.

Simon.